18 March 2011

Networking 101: How To Network!

I’m sure you’ve all heard the statement “you are the company you keep. Now much older and on the journey to yell0brickrd, I’ve realized that the good old parents may have had a point! Surrounding yourself with the right people is essential for success. Doing so propels you towards your dreams much quicker. So how do you do it? By learning how to network!

To test the theory, take a moment to estimate the annual income of the 5 people you currently spend most of your time with. Add it all and divide it by 5. Now divide that by 12. You’ll find that this figure won’t be far off what you see in your bank on average monthly.

What is networking?

Networking is all about getting yourself in the places where like minded people populate. I found that it’s really important to seek out people who are on the same path as you, or who have achieved what you are trying to. When I first started out, I was nervous
about doing this, but once I took action I realized that most successful people are always willing to help and give advice if you ask!  

For example, a few months ago at a networking event I met Derrick of www.doifa.com. After talking for a while in a designated group and realizing his credentials etc I asked his advice on many questions to do with finance and business success. He was very generous and went through some of the things he has done to reach his current stage. We now regularly talk and discuss our ongoing journey and share ideas.

Where do I begin?

The first thing you may want to consider is getting yourself business cards. www.vistaprint.co.uk offers some for free, although opting for cards that come at a cost will get you higher quality ones. If you currently do not own a business or any investments but are aspiring to, you can design a generic card that simply says ‘investor’ under your name with some contact details, or you can even keep it plain and put your name and number on it. Handing out cards is the way things are done in these circles, so it’s best to try and follow the pattern.

After you have this sorted, your ready to get out there. If you’re trying to expand your business network, check out some seminars which are being held in and around your location.

In London for example, the ‘NAC’ [ www.nationalachieverscongress.co.uk ] is coming up in July which will see Richard Branson, Lord Sugar and Tony Robbins sharing the stage amongst other successful individuals such as T.Harv Eker and many more.

For about £360 you get the benefit of hearing from these amazing business men and tuning in to their philosophy. Some might say it’s expensive, but what’s £360 to hear from a billionaire?   

Other Sources

Another source you might want to look at is www.tigrentlearning.co.uk. These guys offer some free courses that you can attend where you will meet equally driven people, determined to succeed in their chosen areas of life/business.

As I go to these networking events, I try to go with an agenda in mind of what I intend to get out of the event. When I leave, I make sure that I stay in contact and build these relationships. So I hope this has been useful in helping you to knowing how to increase your net worth by learning how to network. For more information on my discovery of why spending money to improve your own education is vital for success, check out 'Why Invest In Yourself'!

For further info on how to network, check out this awesome post that i recently found for more information on the topic.
Here’s a challenge for yell0brickrd readers, one that I will be striving for also: Set a goal to add a millionaire to your network circle!

How about you, what are your thoughts on networking? Feel free to leave a comment below! 

Subscribe to Yell0brickrd today!

0 comments:

If you found this website helpful, please click the Donate button. I appreciate your support.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP